Romantic perfection for the special occasions. The perfect stone for the special occasion requirements.The Heart shaped brilliant is the hit item on Valentines day. Usually the width will be 10% wider than the head-to-point length.
If you get no results please Email us
Heart Shaped Diamond
The heart shaped diamond isone shape which reveals a bevy of emotions merely through their structure. It speaks of love and romance just like a heart. What better way to express your love and romance than with a heart shaped diamond! The heart shaped diamond is basically a modified version of the pear shaped diamond, but with a sharp clefton the top center, which gives the diamond a distinct heart shape. The heart shape diamond is rare. They are profound with symbolic significance and will efficiently narrate the story of your love life.
The first traces of aheart shaped diamond were found mentioned in a conversation between the Duke of Milan, Nicodemo and Galeazzo Maria Sforza in the year 1463. Later in the year1562, Queen Elizabeth received a heart shaped diamond, a gift from Mary Queenof Scots. During this time the heart shaped diamond symbolized friendship andgood wishes and was extensively exchanged between the royalties.
The heart shaped diamonds have facets that range from 56 to 58. The facets on the pavilion varies between6, 7 and 8. A heart shaped diamond with a length to width ratio of roughly 1.00is considered to be the most ideal choice. The choice may, however, vary from one person to another.
Fascinating Facts about Heart Shaped Diamond:
- A heart shaped diamond looks great only when the two halves of the heart are of the exact size. In other words, the two halves should be carved at just the right amount so that both the sides are well balanced in symmetry. Hence, it is essential to purchase a heart shaped diamond from a talented man who knows the art of cutting a heart shaped dexterously.
- A heart shaped diamond of less than .50 carat is not considered a wise choice because the very shape will not appear prominently in such a small carat.
- The heart shaped diamond is one of the most difficult cuts to create.
- They are prone to the ‘bow-tie effect, which is very common with oval, marquise and pear cuts.
- The facets of the heart shaped diamonds are known to hide the inclusions well.
Tips to Buy a Heart Shaped Diamond:If you are interested inbuying a heart shaped diamond, ensure that the diamond weighs above .5 carats.This will bring out the details of the cut with more precision. You should purchase a heart shape diamond with a length to width ratio of 1 to 1-1.10 as this ideal combination can distinctly bring out the shape. Make sure you buy from a renowned source as not everyone can create a heart shaped diamond since it requires extreme skill. Lastly, make sure the diamond is well certified by reputed diamond laboratories like GIA, AGS, EGL or IGI.