Fascinating Facts about Heart Shaped Diamond:
- A heart shaped diamond looks great only when the two halves of the heart are of the exact size. In other words, the two halves should be carved at just the right amount so that both the sides are well balanced in symmetry. Hence, it is essential to purchase a heart shaped diamond from a talented man who knows the art of cutting a heart shaped dexterously.
- A heart shaped diamond of less than .50 carat is not considered a wise choice because the very shape will not appear prominently in such a small carat.
- The heart shaped diamond is one of the most difficult cuts to create.
- They are prone to the ‘bow-tie effect, which is very common with oval, marquise and pear cuts.
- The facets of the heart shaped diamonds are known to hide the inclusions well.
Tips to Buy a Heart Shaped Diamond:If you are interested in buying a heart shaped diamond, ensure that the diamond weighs above .5 carats.This will bring out the details of the cut with more precision. You should purchase a heart shape diamond with a length to width ratio of 1 to 1-1.10 as this ideal combination can distinctly bring out the shape. Make sure you buy from a renowned source as not everyone can create a heart shaped diamond since it requires extreme skill. Lastly, make sure the diamond is well certified by reputed diamond laboratories like GIA, AGS, EGL or IGI.