Fascinating Facts of Radiant Cut Diamonds:
- The radiant cut diamond is admired widely for its amazing intensity of fire. The average of 70 facets contributes to giving it a great ‘wow’ factor- the stunning fire and flash which the radiant cut diamond is so famous for.
- Apart from the princess cut diamonds, it is the radiant cut, which is not only square, but also exhibits a high intensity of brilliance and fire.
- The truncated corners gives the cut enough protection and prevents it from breaking or chipping. The trimmed corners will also not stand as an obstacle in day to day activities as it will not tend to catch on clothes or hair.
- The radiant cut is a very forgiving cut. It camouflages small flaws, blemishes and color tints. In other words, it does not magnify blemishes, color tints and inclusions.
- The radiant cut diamond being a deep cut, a one carat diamond will not look as large as a shallow cut diamond like a one carat emerald cut diamond.
- In a more rectangular radiant cut diamond, one can come across a bow-tie effect (though it may be very rare) that ranges from near invisible to severe. This bow-tie effect can be ascertained only upon visual inspection as no diamond certificate carries such a report.
Tips to Buy Radiant Cut Diamonds:Look for Radiant cut diamonds from jewelers who provides certificates from such renowned laboratories as GIA, EGL, AGS or IGI. You need to know the feature of an original radiant cut diamond. They have 70 facets and trimmed corners and they are available in square as well as rectangular shapes. Find a trusted source for your radiant cut diamond because only a limited number of jewelry retailers offer high quality and genuine radiant cut diamonds.